Do you want large, beautiful, expressive eyes? When applying makeup for dance, or any other live performance, your emotion is expressed through your eyes. Let your glowing performance shine even brighter with well applied dance makeup!Sioia
When applying makeup for dance performances, dancers should wear liner, best 3d mink fur lashes and mascara.
First, let’s focus on EYELINER!
• Apply your eye shadows first in the pattern you love
• Upper best 3d mink fur lashes line: Black liquid liner (waterproof)
• Inside lower lash line: White Highlighter pencil
• Lower lash line: Use a dark brown mineral eye shadow color as a liner
• You can do a tiny “wing” on the upper lash line with your liquid liner. This is to indicate the “last eyelash” – but no more than a quarter of an inch or so.
• Avoid making long stripes with your eye liner that go all the way to the temples. Avoid connecting the lower best 3d mink fur lashes line to the upper lash line, leave a space between them (no “fishtails”, please) and use white highlighter pencil in between. This will make the eyes look bigger, brighter and more open.
• When applying makeup for dance, DON’T use black liquid eyeliner under the eyes! Too much and too messy! If you must, use an eye pencil.
• Also, don’t use black liner on the inside lower lid of the eye – it will make the eyes look small on stage.
Next, apply the FALSE LASHES!
• If false eye best 3d mink fur lashes aren’t currently part of your routine because you find them difficult to apply or uncomfortable to wear, don’t give up on them! Do use them, as they enhance the shape of your eyes on stage and are an integral part of makeup for dance. It just takes practice!
• Dancers wear false lashes because on stage we are always trying to make the eyes look bigger. We want to naturally enhance the existing lash line with false lashes because they give the eyes a pretty almond-y shape. Great false lashes, properly sized and/or trimmed, and properly applied do just that. This type of look is perfect for dance makeup, but is also easily modified for other theatrical occasions, including acting on film and even just a glamorous look for a special night out.
• Avoid lashes that are too thick in the center of the band. They make the eyes look heavy and sleepy or even closed when you are dancing on stage! You want the lashes to start shorter in the center and get longer as they go to the outer corner of the eye. Half or “demi” lashes are great because they are easy to apply, do not need to be trimmed, look stunning, and can hardly be felt on the eyes.
Time for the MASCARA!
• YES, you need mascara even if you have false lashes on – two coats! This will bind the false lashes to the real lashes and remove the bits of powdered eye shadow that have fallen on the eyelashes.
• Make sure yourbest 3d mink fur lashes are secure first! Leave them alone to dry before going onto the next step of your dance makeup.
• I recommend water-resistant mascara as opposed to waterproof mascara because it is gentler on the sensitive eye area and can also be easily reapplied. Most waterproof mascaras are quite clumpy and feel like glue on thebest 3d mink fur lashes. Waterproof mascara is also clumpy on false lashes and can collect lots of “gunk” on them – your lashes will not last as long.